Saturday, May 9, 2009

i dont like starting a post without knowing where im going. oh well.

i got home yesterday. gadsden home. and i love being home- well, in spurts. if i stay long i start itching to get out again. i love my house because my family's here- well kinda. they run in and out all day long, and it's always a gamble as to who you're coming home to- if anyone at all. mary lynn's about to graduate in a couple weeks. weird. caroline's going to be a senior. what are my parents going to do when we're all gone? it'll be here before we know it.

leaving tuscaloosa for the summer is always a little sad. this time it was even sadder. good thing im seeing erica on tuesday or i probably would have had an emotional breakdown. i hate saying bye to sarah though. she's been my best friend for three years now. it's always hard to say bye for a whole month. i can't imagine how she and matt feel considering they pretty much have to do that every time they see each other. im glad they get to spend the summer together... i was praying about that last night. im interested to hear stories :) and see how the Lord moves. and for them to minister alongside one another. and for them to live in the same city for once. 

anyway. i held my own in front of everyone, got in my car, and was bawling down qca.
i just gave myself away. oh well. 

by the time i got to birmingham i was overwhelmed with gratitude to the Lord for the community He has provided for me. i love Him a lot. (and im pretty sure He loves me back. wait. no. i love Him back. He loves me first.)

i move again on monday, this time to birmingham. im excited.

ate breakfast at my grandparents' this morning. love them. i hope my kids are as close to my parents as i am to them.

im better about blogging when im not studying my brains out. p.s. i ended up with a B in accounting!! ive never been so excited about a B in my life. literally by the grace of God. 

3 things:
1. my sisters. mary lynn has acted really excited that im home AND let me drive her car today. haha. it was fun. caroline stayed at home and watched a movie with me last night so i wouldnt have to chill by myself. and when i drove up yesterday she was real excited because she had missed the memo that i was coming home. (we're a lot alike in that way. no one tells us) i havent seen kiley yet but i like her too :)
2. Bobbie biscuits. you havent had a biscuit until you've had one made by my grandmother. seriously. it's worth a drive.
3. old prayer journals. good reminders of the Lord's faithfulness.

1 comment:

  1. im impressed with your front from yesterday... i bawled when i said goodbye to sarah. cried until i ended up at amy and wendy's to be distracted... i hate goodbyes.

    ReplyDelete