Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I know I already posted today. But I want to again. And that's the good thing about blogs. You can talk as much as you want about whatever you want, because you aren't actually forcing anyone to listen. They can choose to or not, and it doesn't hurt your feelings. People like writing blogs because let's face it: who doesn't like to talk about themself? I like to listen, but I also like to talk. 

So here's what I'm mulling over: I went to this meeting earlier and was asked, "If we were tailoring a conference specific to YOU, what would happen at said conference?" And all I could think of was just really good teaching. Sure, there'd be worship. I love worship. (It would be lots of hymns, probably, and I'd definitely make Gabrielle sing!) But I connect with the Lord when I read or when I'm taught His Word. And for awhile I was in this group where that almost wasn't ok. I was told it was "feeding my head, but was it affecting my heart? Probably not." But it does! I don't know how. But in the same way some people are affected by music and prayer and song, teaching moves me. It makes me want to know Jesus. Because the more I find out about Him, the more I want to know. And as I get to know Him through the attributes He tells about Himself in His Word... it makes me grin when I think about it. Let's face it, I'm Presbyterian at heart. I like the Word because it's sure. And you can NOT separate God and His Word. It's where He expresses himself. 
and Pet Peeve: When teachers say "Here's what the Word says, and here's how you can apply it to your everyday life." and then give some rant about what this "means for today." The Word is living and active, sharper than any double edged sword. Teach the Word, let the Spirit do the rest. Ok, rant over :)

1 comment: