Tuesday, February 3, 2009

because i have so much time on my hands...

im sincerely starting to doubt my decision to major in finance. i love numbers, i hate investments. i have no desire to work the stock market. or the bond market for that matter. shouldve just done math. however, my reasoning goes something like this. i hate economics in a way that no one can possibly understand. its a deep, deep hatred. ive taken 9 hours of econ to get to where i am. therefore im not changing my major to something where those hours are useless. (i did, however, change my concentration to avoid another econ class.) last book ive read? its called essentials of investments. ive been reading it every day, for hours a day, for 2 weeks. besides the bible, its all ive read. and ive definitely spent more time in the word of bodie, kane, and marcus than in the Word of God. sorry, but put options are not exactly the desire of my heart. neither is scoring it big in the stock market. i dont care a lot about money.  i would like to not be destitute. thats about it.  

so here's the rub. i just took my finance test- the one ive been reading, highlighting, summarizing, and working problems for. and despite the hours upon hours that i put into it, im pretty darn sure i bombed it. it makes me consider taking up cussing. instead, ill probably go study for accounting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment