Thursday, February 3, 2011

carbo-loading.

The University cancelled class because of winter weather.

This means that it's less than 40 degrees outside and raining, apparently.
BUT that means that I get to cook tonight because Brad's meeting got cancelled! So I don't have to just eat leftovers! And my only company isn't Rachel Ray or Ina Garten! (Even though I love Ina. I would have lunch with her any day. But dinner... I prefer people who don't live in my television set.)

I'm going to make chicken strips. Healthy, I know. But see since I made those orange scones I have some buttermilk... so why wouldn't I use it on chicken strips? It just makes sense. And we will be eating green beans! And maybe some salad. Justified.

I'm also excited because Monday is Brad's 21st birthday!
This is Brad's happy face.

Just kiddin.

Add Image
There, that's better :)

Reasons I'm excited for this include:
1. It's his 21st birthday! So we can (finally) have wine with dinner. Or beer. Tonight I would be picking beer, but as it's not Monday yet... water it is.
2. I get to cook yummy things. He's real simple, so for his birthday dinner it will beeee... steak (good thing Ina and I had a conversation the other day on how to cook steak sans grill), green beans (his favorite veggie?), potatoes, and maybe some salad. And probably yummy yeast rolls. And red wine.
But for his birthday party I get to pick!! It's a super bowl party (ha. themed.), so I'm making pretzels, this ice cream pie, cake, and rotel dip. Fun, yummy, and football-y.

This is my life lately. I get excited about food when I can cook it. I read food blogs (I LOVE LOVE LOVE pioneer woman and joy the baker), I do a little school, and I sit on my couch and tell you about it.

love :)

1 comment: